Maltese Language Resource Server
The MLRS is an ongoing project which focusses on the creation of tools and resources for the languages of the Maltese Islands, namely Maltese, English and Maltese Sign Language.
Resources and tools
Currently, resources fall into the following categories:
- Corpora: general corpora of Maltese text, and learner corpora of Maltese English and Maltese
- Electronic lexicons, including an online, searchable Maltese-English dictionary and a historical dictionary of Maltese
- Natural Language Processing tools, including a Part-of-Speech tagger for Maltese.
- The Malta Council for Science and Technology (MCST)
- The University of Malta Research Fund
New corpus release
Announcing the release of Korpus MAlti v3.0 (2016), a new version of the Maltese corpus. It contains around 250 million tokens, in a variety of sub-categories, with more accurate POS Tagging, lemmatisation and annotation of morphological roots.
Maltese online dictionary
The Dizzjunarju tal-Malti project, launched in 2015 in collaboration with the National Council for the Maltese Language, the Malta Communications Authority, the Vodafone Foundation, and Infusion Ltd, has been working on the expansion and redevelopment of Ġabra, the open lexicon of Maltese. The new version of the dicionary is set to be launched in March 2016.