Maltese Language Resource Server
The MLRS is an ongoing project which focusses on the creation of tools and resources for the languages of the Maltese Islands, namely Maltese, English and Maltese Sign Language.
Resources and tools
Currently, resources fall into the following categories:
- Corpora: general corpora of Maltese text, and learner corpora of Maltese English and Maltese
- Electronic lexicons, including an online, searchable Maltese-English dictionary and a historical dictionary of Maltese
- Natural Language Processing tools, including a Part-of-Speech tagger for Maltese.
The MLRS project is coordinated by the Institute of
Linguistics and Language Technology and the Department of Artificial Intelligence at the
University of Malta.
It has benefited from the support of:
- The Malta Council for Science and Technology (MCST)
- The University of Malta Research Fund
New Demo and API page
Check out our new demos page and the associated web service API for our web services. These incude tokenisation, POS Tagging, phonetic transcription and digit-to-word conversion.
Maltese Sign Language
We're pleased to announce the addition of a new online Dictionary of Maltese Sign Language as part of the lexical resources hosted on MLRS. The dictionary was launched in December 2018.